• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Where to find out how a street got its name?

Kat,

On the map link above, delete the copyright notice and the map will appear. On the right hand side, midway down is the word St James. Zoom in with the mouse wheel and under this is the wording St James Ward. This goes right across the old Infirmary and Marlborough Street is just north of this. But not in sufficient detail to find the Terrace.

The Terrace is obviously developed by Strawbridge, but I doubt if records have survived to prove this.

Maurice :cool:

Long Nuke Road. B31 Just come across this name, where would this name come from does anyone know?

Anybody know where Millington Road Hodge hill came from next to Oakdale Road Erminghton Creesent Chipperfield Road ¿

For almost 23 years I lived on MOAT LANE Yardley. Now it must mean that there was a caste there at some time, with a Moat around it???
Do you remember the track behind the houses in Vera Rd., opposite the park in Moat Lane, by the bus stop.
I'm being told it was called "Woodbank" Is that right? I always thought it was just an access to an allotment site. I thought I know a man who will know!

Back