• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Where is this 2007- 2008 queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

JKC

Deleted Upon Request
Sometime ago when Rod, John H, Postie, Paulj, Chris and myself were members of the VB forum....this photo was posted asking the question to were it was.....I cannot remember seeing the answer, so has anyone idea ?

It is in Hill St right next to the Albany, I have picture to prove it.8)

Where is this?

Postie, if you are right and it is next to the Albany, I think the church is St.Jude, i.e. St.Jude Passage, 12 Hill Street.

I was a member of VB and I remember that photo being posted. Wow, quick work everyone. I hadn't a clue.

John.......its Perry Hall park.......I took some photo's last year of almost the same spots......

Last edited:
miffed

nice aint it the last time I was there was when I was about 13 now thats a long time ago

Last edited:
Alf & Jennyann have the right area but the wrong "TOWER", ITS CAESAR'S TOWER at Warwick Castle, what a great day out we had.It was the first time we had been into the Castle very impressed but for the Trebuchet failed to work & the meal we had was not what one would expect of an internatioal attraction.
That said I would go again.
ASTON

It is Mill Street, looking down from the tower at Warwick Castle. I live very close to this street. We over look the Castle. I also worked at Warwick Castle for 15 years. When I retired from there in 2000. I was Catering Manager. I am sure you would have enjoyed your meal then!!!!!! I was also a wench there many years ago. It is a beautiful Castle. I had to climb 73 steps about 5 times a day to get to my office on the nursery floor.Thats the only thing I do not miss about the place. My favourite time was walking through the grounds first thing in the morning when no one was about.Beautiful......:)
Thats a cracking photo.

That's a brilliant photo, Aston. I used to work at the castle too as a waitress when I was at college (quite a few years ago now!!). It's a super place to visit and a great day out. Mill Street has some beautiful houses to look at too. x

Great to find out where the photo was taken. Good to hear about the Castle from isabelanne and Tanya. That you both worked there is very interesting indeed. Must have been a great job I remember that I had one of the best ice cream cones ever(Strawberry) many years ago from the seller inside the main gate.

I took my kids a few years ago and we loved seeing all the peacocks sitting in the trees and making squeaking noises near to the Conservatory.

I don't mind the Madame Tussauds effect because it brings the rooms to life with the figures in period dress and effectively placed. The Entrance Hall
is also splendid.

The Armoury down through the hatch is a great collection to see also
the Rack and the piece of equipment they used to put people into and haul them up high.:Aah:

I took some photos from Guy's Tower and also watched the Jousting Matches. My cousin lives in Moreton Morrell not too far away from Warwick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back