• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Where is this?

Old Boy

master brummie
Hi All,

It is comparatively easy to see where this is but I thought that some of you might be interested anyway.

Old Boy

Corporation Street at Newton Street junction.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A pure guess, and probably a bad one - is it Livery Street off Colmore Row? I thought that might be St. Philips Cathedral in the background. Anthea.

That's the law courts on the right, so it's Corporation Street at Newton Street junction.

Hi All,

Sorry I have been offline for two or three hours. Lloyd got it right. It is the corner of Corporation Street at Newton Street taken just before the Prince of Wales (later Edward V11) opened the Victoria Law Courts.

There was a big clue as the building on the corner is named The Court Dining and Commercial Rooms. The buildings, other than the Law Courts, were later demolished and the police headquarters built.

Old Boy

Ray

Going by the date of the original post I would hazard a guess that it was one of the lost images that we lost in the two or three incidents over the years. Unless anybody took a copy it seems that you may have to remain frustrated.

Back