• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Where Is This Church

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
would anyone know where this photo was taken....only info i have is handsworth and i cant even place the church

thanks folks

lyn

handsworth pic.jpg

well i will go to the foot of our stairs ....did not know there was a handsworth in sheffield...cheers alan thats that one sorted:)

lyn

Radiorentals

St Mary's Handsworth Road Sheffield, sure looks like the place to me.

handsworth rd sheffield.JPG

i would say for certain phil which proves once again that if we can we must get our history facts correct...someone could have spent £24 on that post card thinking it was handsworth in birmingham and bought it just because its a nice photo even if they did not know the exact location

lyn

Not many churches with a spire and castlements about. If it had the two little spires at the back I would say Aston Parish

just realised than when i was sent that photo the location only said handsworth...the seller eventually put sheffield as the location:D

lyn

iu
They also had trams there as well. :D

Back