• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where Is This Church

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
would anyone know where this photo was taken....only info i have is handsworth and i cant even place the church

thanks folks

lyn

handsworth pic.jpg

well i will go to the foot of our stairs ....did not know there was a handsworth in sheffield...cheers alan thats that one sorted:)

lyn

Radiorentals

St Mary's Handsworth Road Sheffield, sure looks like the place to me.

handsworth rd sheffield.JPG

i would say for certain phil which proves once again that if we can we must get our history facts correct...someone could have spent £24 on that post card thinking it was handsworth in birmingham and bought it just because its a nice photo even if they did not know the exact location

lyn

Not many churches with a spire and castlements about. If it had the two little spires at the back I would say Aston Parish

just realised than when i was sent that photo the location only said handsworth...the seller eventually put sheffield as the location:D

lyn

iu
They also had trams there as well. :D

Back