• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

where is this building

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi all. took these pics earlier of a building i hope will be kept as it looks like they have just gutted the inside and keeping the outer walls hopefully. can anyone tell me what was the name of the company who owned it and where it is. obviously i know where it is but would like to know the history of it.

wales

hi wales i took a lot of pics not so long ago and posted them on here.
it,s the old co-op furniture factory, a-b row i thought the same thing when i saw it.
that next time i,m in the area that would be flat.
i spent the day with my bro we went to dollman st and then to the Chinese quarter and had lunch. happy days regards Derek.

i just knew someone would know derek lol. yes i saw that one. when you took your pics did you manage to get any of the back of the building. ive got some if you want me to post them.

lyn

derek yer a man after me own heart. i always say that they cant take our memories away from us (and they cant) buts it lovely to have old pics to go with them and i would climb the walls to get the shot i want. me kids think im barmy lol. anyway heres a couple of the back of the building.
lyn

i like. very good,this digital is so much easier,
but i still have my trusty SLR
maybe we can have a chat on the 60s night and swop emails i have tons
of pic,s. regards Derek.

Back