• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Where is This 9

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Lets see if this one can stir up as much interest as the last, but I don’t think this one will last as long. It was taken in 1961.

Phil

CityCollonadePassage1961-1.jpg

Last edited:
mike-g

Thanks mate, I dont think this one will last very long. I'll have to insist on a description of where it is located along with the name. Its old age creeping up on me.

Phil

Just seen this one. Isn't it Colonnade Passage, going down from New Street to Stephenson St. I remember Kanga Models on the right, run by Mrs McQueen for over 30 years, after they moved into Burlington Passage (I think that was the name). Also in the late 1950s there was a nice old gent who sold classical records in Colonnade Passage. He was obviously dedicated and knew his stuff. When I asked about a particular piece or artist he would take three or four minutes telling you all about it. He would get any record he didn't have in stock by the next day. I doubt if he made enough money to pay his rental there, but he still did a good job, which is why I remember him.
Peter

Peter

You are of course correct, as you obviously know the location well, its apparent that you are not one of the 14 who got a free peek at the answer due to my stupidity.

Well done.

Phil

Back