• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This? 78

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Where is this? What is it? What can you tell me about it?

Three for the price of one.

Phil

where-10.jpg

is it the entrance to the friends meeting place next door to Lewises in Bull st.

Well you have got a part of the answer, it was in Birmingham City Centre, but where?

Phil

Right Next Door To The Old Co/op Or It Could Be The Old Marks And Spencers Oh The High St Judging On The Look Of What Appears To Be A Marble Effect Concrete Divider ,
Before Any Redevelopement Had Taken Plae In The City And You Can Tell By The Old Gas Lamp In The Street ,

Got me beat but then I do not recall seeing shops with those grey panels on them ;)

I have one of those gas lamp lanterns in my garage.

Bernie

Those grey panels are what I covered the shop names with, but Grey is a good word to make a start with.

Are there no ex schoolboy philatelist's on this site?

Phil

Sorry Ernie not the Norfolk Stamp Co in Needless Alley, but you are on the right track.

Phil

Phil this is a tricky one. The shop is on a slight hill from left to right. Also by the shadows the street seems to run from north to south and taken at approx at noon in the summer months.
An uneducated guess is that its in the old bull ring but opposite the open market and its a Stamp shop
Is that the lampost on the left of I beleive this photo you posted, and it looks like the stamp shop has been demolished?

Sorry, still no correct answer. I don't know what further clues I can give without giving the answer. What can I tell you, it was on the east side of the street a few doors down from a well known confectioners.

Phil

No sorry, its still not right.

I seem to remember this one of of the first streets in Birmingham Centre that was pedestrianised.

Phil

Back