• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This? 35

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Where is this lovely old rural scene located amongs this modern hustle bustle of todays world?

MoseleyMoseleyVillage4.jpg

I know the answer as I pass almost daily but I'll leave it in the hope it runs on a while. Great pic though and my feeling is that the buildings if not the general scene are pretty much the same today

Bob

Could that be Mosley?

Badger

Yes it is Moseley Village. How different it looks today, yes as glaciermint says the general scene is the same, but how tranquil and peaceful it looked back then.

Phil

Yes Moseley, overlooking the grassy triangle that later became known as 'Bog Island' after the awful-smelling public conveniences built underground there.
I do believe that in Steam Tram days this was a terminus, and a triangle of track allowed the engines to turn round for their return journey.

Well that's also answered my problem, because the church must be St Mary's mosley... I've been unsure for ages if the pic' of the church that I have was Mosley or Acocks Green, now I know thanx lads.

Crossing over another thread on the go at the moment. The grassy triangle had underground toilets until a few years back. They are still under there but covered over now.One of my sons was on the Parks at the time and he helped landscape what you see now.

I think thats where my grand daughter sits her piano exams. Looks like the building. She's waiting for her grade 4 results. Bye. Jean.

Yes it is Moseley Village taken from the other side of the road in front of what used to be a chemist shop . I used to live there in the 7os 124 Church Rd in music student house .
Those were the days
Jean

Yes it is Moseley Village taken from the other side of the road in front of what used to be a chemist shop . I used to live there in the 7os 124 Church Rd in music student house .
Those were the days
Jean

I know it's a long time ago but I would love to see this picture. I am doing a bit of research on the Marshall family of Moseley and Henry Marshall had a chemists shop at I think 128 Alcester Road which I think would be near where MoneyWise was. Any info would be really interesting. Many thanks.

hi folks i am afaid that no one seems to have heard anything from phil for some months now despite many of us sending him emails or private messages..however if i do hear from him i will certainly tell him members are asking after him

lyn

Back