• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This #210?

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Ok this is the last one for a while and I'll take a break. Where is this school?

Attachments

• 210 .jpg
    210 .jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 157
thanks for bringing this topic back to life phil...enjoyed it..wild guess to start off..is it small heath way

maybe bordesley green phil she says crossing fingers.
Hi Lyn,

I think you can uncross your fingers. I am fairly sure that it is Bordesley Green School at the cormer of Marchmont Road and Bordesley Green. My uncle was caretaker there several years ago.

Chris Beresford (Old Boy)

Last edited:
It reminded me of Yardley Road School, Marlborough Road when I first saw it, but I dont think it is now

On the Stoney Lane side of Stratford Road, Phil? I'm sure this featured in a thread a few months ago and there's been some road changes around there.

Maurice

Yes Conway Road School once at the back of the Embassy Sportsdrome or the Roller Rink if you prefer to call it that. I understand it is now a Junior school, but back in my day it was a Secondary Modern Girls School. Well done Rupert you won the last one of this series as I am now calling a halt for a while before everyone gets bored.

Well done Rupert!
Thanks Phil for getting us all thinking - I always learn something new from your pictures. Come back soon with some more 'Where is this?'

I'd never heard of Conway Road and once Phil said it was that side of Stratford Road, I was sunk, so you deserve full marks Rupert. Once I threw Conway Road into Google Street View, I was surprised to see it still standing and the street looking much the same as Phil's photograph.

I'm glad everyone has enjoyed this little series, I always try to pick photos that are not easily recognised, so as pollypops says they will get people thinking and also that may cause a little discussion among the membership.

I think that these searches teach a lot about old Brum that...well...I for one, knew nothing about.

Back