• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This #203?

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Lyn

Especially for you, but get in quick before somebody else gets it.

Attachments

• 203 .jpg
    203 .jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 104
looks familar phil..was going to say the white hart bracebridge st but i dont think it is that one as it looks like its surrounded by factories..

Has it got 'Rose' in the name? I think it's got a (Yorkshire?) rose on one of the windows. Viv.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hey viv it just goes to show we are not drinkers then lol

im sure ive seen this one..trying to place where the triangle in the road is..

Absolutely Lyn, never been known to step inside these places. Now there are 6 bollards and two street lamps in that photo aren't there?

If it's not the King's Head, maybe it's the Queen's Head somewhere. (Only 449 more pages of my pub guide to work through .....) Viv.

Absolutely Lyn, never been known to step inside these places. Now there are 6 bollards and two street lamps in that photo aren't there?

If it's not the King's Head, maybe it's the Queen's Head somewhere. (Only 449 more pages of my pub guide to work through .....) Viv.

do you think its something head then viv...i really must get to spec savers i can only see 4 bollards..

phil is it on the hockley side of town ??

Sorry ladies but it's not the Kings anything, but it is on the Hockley side of town though it's neither Hockley or the Jewellery quarter.

im leaning towards the brookfields area maybe...really tired now so i shall ponder on this one in the morning unless someone gets it before then..

Just one thing before I retire myself for the evening, Lyn you will kick yourself when you realise where it is because you have posted a photo of this pub yourself although the pub wasn't the topic of the thread and I have cropped it severely so you won't recognise the surroundings.

Viv
The "Rose" is a sort of rope with writing on it that was the emblem of Frederick Smith's model brewery and on all their bottle labels

Just one thing before I retire myself for the evening, Lyn you will kick yourself when you realise where it is because you have posted a photo of this pub yourself although the pub wasn't the topic of the thread and I have cropped it severely so you won't recognise the surroundings.

ahh phil i thought it was familar but if i posted it because of the surroundings and not so much the pub then i may struggle..not giving up yet though...it may come to me...eventually lol

phil was it loveday st junction and was the topic loveday hospital which would have been showing in the original pic posted on the forum..it just seems so familiar...will try and find the un cropped photo i am thinking about in my files..

Last edited:
img758.jpgnice to know i still have a memory phil...i posted this pic 2 years ago..the pub was the dog and partridge..it was the bollards that gave it away lol...

lyn

Smith's Brewery was on the Lichfield Road up the road towards Birmingham City Centre From Aston Railway Station and the Brit Pud.

Ray

There you are Lyn, it was easy wasn't it? Just up the road from The Bulls Head. The next one is pretty easy also.

#11 I Stated this on 11 Phil. Lichfield road.
Was it in Lichfield road Aston Phil?. Jean.​

You can't BUY friendship and trust they have to be EARNED.

Back