• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This #201?

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
It's been a long while since we had one of these, so I'll give a little clue right at the start. It was named after a famous thoroughfare. I think I'll put it in the Alleyways & Passageways thread when we are finished here.

Attachments

• xxx.JPG
    xxx.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 111
ahh good to see you back on this phil...well ive never seen that pic before and ive no idea where it is at the min...will give it some thought..

lyn

Well this post has been up for about 24 hours now, it's had over a hundred viewers but no attempts or guesses yet. The more guesses you have the more chance of someone solving it because if you get near I have been known to say "you are close". Lets try another clue, the other famous thoroughfare I mentioned is in London.

Josietrue

If we were in London I'd say you were at least a couple of miles too far north

Lyn

A thoroughfare is only a road or a passage between two points. I'll give you another clue it's SW Birmingham

I know it's not Furnace lane but it does resemble it a bit...even the lamp post. There was a knee length boot fashion time for ladies, and they do look very nice. SW Brum....I have no chance.

I've really haven't got a clue Phil, but it reminds me of a passage between I think between Trafalgar Road and Moseley Road

Charlie

agree with you rupert it does have a look of furnace lane but its not...

phil can we have a pub instead lol

Your compass frozen up Viv?

Just kidding. I am at a loss - nothing new there then.

H Bernard. Got the Sat Nav language stuck on Estonian, plays havoc with finding my way around! Viv.

No Sorry it is none of these places, besides London there are other roads in the UK with the same name. Northampton, Chesham & Barnet for instance. This particular alley I suppose you would call it is in wht could be described as a desirous leafy suburb in the south west of the city.

Based on the clues Phil I'm thinking it's might be Edgbaston and be something like Regents walk/way but as you can tell this is just a wild guess with no evidence to support it :)

pollypops

Competitions are often won by wild guesses. though sadly not this time, but you have managed to get closer than anyone else so far.

Another clutching at straws guess - Cheyne walk/way/passage Harborne? I think I Should probably just give up now and leave it to someone with some knowledge - and an old map :) :)

Last edited:
Pollypops

and there we have an example of just how easy this competition is. It is Cheyne Walk named after the Cheyne Walk that used to front the river Thames in Chelsea London. Well done you are a winner. Our Cheyne Walk in Harborne runs from Greenfield Rd to Metchley Drive today.

I think that's the first time I have ever got one right Phil - it was just a guess based on the London and leafy suburb clues.
Thank you for posting it - I love puzzles and clues :)

Lyn

I've already started the next one, but if we have another one after that I'll sort a pub out especially for you.

oops sorry phil my mind is on other things at the min..will go and look at the next one..

Back