• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This? 145

well that dont leave us much then phil....

Will go and look at the pic again...

Lyn

Old Boy

You are wrong and a little bit out, but you are on the right trail.

Phil

off new st or maybe where the rotunda is...im cluching at straws now....

Lyn

At a quick glance i thought it was my Standard Vanguard i was driving in 1961 my love machine!!!!!
robb128

ok this is my last guess for tonight....somewhere by moor st station...

Lyn...

Lyn

I'm giving far too many clues, but this one is a little harder than usual. It was in the vicinity of Moor St Station.

Phil

trouble is without an old city centre street map i have not got a clue as to what rd..st...it was....so i cant even start guessing.....

Lyn

I bet like myself you all have walked past this location many times. I'm off to bed shortly I'd like to see this solved before I go.

Phil

no phil..you cant leave us in the dark...lol..those buildings in the foreground look familar...are we looking towards high st....

Lyn

Final clue then, Moor St continued after Albert St you will remember?

Phil

Is that where the mail news papers were based Phyl only I worked in Albert street many years ago?. Jean.

Its probably wrong Phil, as it doesn't look wide enough on the map to be your picture, but is it Henn's Walk? There would have been a bottling palnt where the building on the left is, with a wholesale wine merchant at the other end facing Dale End.
Mike

Mike

You are too smart for this game, you should be banned. It is of course Henns Walk that ran from Moor St to Dale End and was quite close to the one time St Peters Church. As shown on this OS map.

Phil

Attachments

• Henns Walk.JPG
    Henns Walk.JPG
    264.9 KB · Views: 11
Back