• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Where is the Tippin family buried

Tippin

proper brummie kid
I have been trying to locate the last resting place of my great, great-grandparents, Henry and Rosannah Tippin, but have so far failed to find them.

Rosannah died on the 25th August 1886 at Lower Essex Street, they had a daughter who died in the December quarter 1886, proberbly in Lower Essex Street, called Hannah Louisa Tippin, and Henry died on the 4th March 1902 at Tillingham Street.

After trying the main cemetery's that were open at the time, and the local church's close to Lower Essex Street (Like St Martin and St David), I have become stuck. Can any one help me locate them?

Stephen

Hello Tippin, It is always very difficult to find where people were burid. The dates you have given are at a time when a lot of churchyards were closing for burial due to overcrowding and they were opening cemeteries. Have you checked the cemeteries. What religion were the family as this can narrow it down.

Hi,
I have checked all the cemetery records, for thoes that were open at the time any way. I believe that the familer were COE as the were married, and christened at least one child in COE church's.

If you have checked all the burial registers for the local cemeteries I am not sure where you can go from here, often people don't look at Key Hill cemetery as it was mainly "non conformist" but there are C of E there as well. Perhaps someone else may have a suggestion

Tippin,
I found this family not sure if it belongs to you.
James Tippin---born 1836---Hanbury Worcester
Emma---wife---born 1839
William Elizabeth.John Owen Joseph

Try Electoral Rolls.......... 71 Hyde Road Ladywood........ Brum Library

Back