• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where in Birmingham was this taken ??

I think its Allison Street, and the photographer is standing on the corner of Coventry St outside the café. The passage over the road is Shaw's Passage.

Phil

Yes Dek, I see what you mean. It's funny how one can forget a little thing like a railway viaduct. I've just taken a look on Google maps and its quite prominent isn't it?

Phil

Hi Ragga,Phil,Dek,and all

I think the the streets you are looking up in the picture on post #159 is Freeth street with the shop on the corner and the side street on the left is Leach street a (cul de sac)

pud

Pudding

I've been looking at the old maps and to get Beach rd on the left you would have to be standing on the corner of Icknield Square and if that was the case there would be a curve in the road in front of you.

Phil

Pudding

Thats me as usual I don't know my Leach from my Beach.

Phil

Ladywood1974.jpg

We talked about this location before the hack , heres another view of the same shop .... ragga :fat:
Freeth st.jpg

The shop has long gone but the Lesbrook building is still there (minus the little gable). Looks like it's still commercial use too.Viv.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334497611.580355.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334497632.868912.jpg

Don't know if this has been on before. Afraid I have no date and no details, but an interesting view. Viv.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334958714.199331.jpg

Back