• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Where did you live

Thanks for your response, Ray.
Yes, the last ground floor maisonette on the left towards Green Lane.
Always knew you were in Prince Albert Street.
I used to cut through North Warwick Street, into your road, and then Talfourd Street to school.
Happy days!
Annie

I've moved around a lot but starting from 1974
The radleys,Sheldon with my mom and nan.

1975 above a woolshop on Yardley road ( think it's an accountants now). I also attended cottersbrook school for a short while. My mom had a massive party here and a few bike clubs attended.

1976/7 moved over to beilby road in stirchley. I attended cotteridge j&I school then dame Elizabeth Cadbury school.
In 87 we moved to houldey road in west heath.
88 we moved away from Brum.
1989I moved back to the pershore rd between the canal and fordhouse lane.
1991 moved back to my nans on the radleys.
1995 did some time on chelmsley wood
1997 back to my nans. Then 2003 moved away

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221130-111935.png
    Screenshot_20221130-111935.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 22
hi lowriderade we livde in aston upperwebster street number 13 not fare from the wood yard in 1968-69 we mouved out to lichfield .now live in rugeley.

see also

I was born at 87 Showell Green Lane, Sparkhill, opposite what was the Women's Hospital; grandparents lived in Cadbury Road; we then moved in early 1960s to Ferndale Road, very upwardly mobile; on marrying, we lived in a flat in School Road, Moseley, then Blenheim Road; due to promotion, I had to move closer to London, so we moved to North Bucks, currently in Buckingham & retired. Loved our time in Brum.

I did mention it years ago, but to bring it up to date, I was born at 120, Calshot Road, Great Barr, when it was Birmingham 22A. ( not Sandwell). I had a really happy childhood, and went to Beeches Road Infants, then Beeches Road Juniors. Calshot Road School didn't exist back then, it was just a field in the late forties and very early fifties. My spare time was spent either in the Quarry up to my eyes in sand and water or at the Beacon Cinema. Happy times.

Born in Bolton Road Small Heath , Bordesley Green East, Kinghurst, Millhouse Road Yardley Gracewell Road Moseley

I did mention it years ago, but to bring it up to date, I was born at 120, Calshot Road, Great Barr, when it was Birmingham 22A. ( not Sandwell). I had a really happy childhood, and went to Beeches Road Infants, then Beeches Road Juniors. Calshot Road School didn't exist back then, it was just a field in the late forties and very early fifties. My spare time was spent either in the Quarry up to my eyes in sand and water or at the Beacon Cinema. Happy times.
hi gerry you may have helped me here...ive been trying to find out what infants and junior schools someone went to that was born in 1945 at cramlington road...i always thought it was calshot but it seems it could have been beeches school..

lyn

First few months of my life in Primrose Hill, Kings Norton then Brandwood, Kings Heath until I was 15.

I lived for 30 years in Gladys Road, Bearwood when it was Smethwick Staffs. An entry terrace house just up from Thimblemill Baths. About 6 months in a block of flats while Gladys Road was renovated. I moved away then rented a house in Davey Road Aston walking distance to work at Perry Barr and got to know Aston Hall.

Later I lived in Woolacombe Lodge Road, Selly Oak (which was very cold) and in a flat on Pershore Road. Then we moved to Worcestershire. Birmingham constantly changes as does the population. I hope it continues to flourish.

I worked in what is now Eastside near what will become Curzon Street Station for some years, so I've seen some changes there too.

hi stokkie we lived at 13 upperwebster street aston birmingham 6 then we mouved to litchfield when i was 10 years old and now i live in rugeley staffordshire.

Back