• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Where did you live

Welcome Alana,

Born Newtown Row Aston

Lived at Clifton Cresent Folkestone & London Road Deal before I moved to Suffolk

we live quite near to the leas we go to deal often love dover and all the surrounding countryside

Hi Alana born in Holte road Aston and lived there till I was twenty one. Jean.

Last edited:
Born in 1959 at our house in Watney Grove, Kingstanding / Perry Common, opposite the College Arms pub (now a Mc Donalds) on College Road. Lived there till I was 24, Dad was there till he died last year he was nearly 90 !

brumgum good to see the Obelisk restored, must visit
Yes, i used to run up and down those hills as a kid...
obelisk2009b.jpg

weston street nechells .belgrave road balsal heath,garrison lane small ,heath,etc.

born lovday street, lived irving street, dolman street, catell road, whittington oval

Born Solihull Hospital - lived at Tyseley, Hall Green and now Billesley.

Born Loveday Street. Lived Walsall Road, Gt Barr - Soho Avenue, Handsworth - Norfolk Road, Edgbaston - Hagley Road West, Quinton -Gillott Road, Edgbaston. Plus many other places not in Brum!!!

Before moveing to TOWER ROAD ASTON at the age of 7 We lived at 5 Moss Vale Grove Ward End BIRMINGHAM 8.That is Up to the time I married,now spent the last 47 HAPPY years at NEW OSCOTT.

Born in a house in Bordesley Green, then Aston, Nechells, Chelmsley & Kingshurst before moving here to Beith, Ayrshire, Scotland 32 years ago. Barry.

Born 29 Duncroft Rd Sheldon.
Sir Josiah Mason's Orphanage, Erdington.
Spent lots of time with Grandparents at 41 Woodwells Rd Ward End.
60 Clifton Rd Sutton Coldfield.
Left 1965 to live in Cheltenham.
Moved way, way down West 20 yrs ago.

Hillarys Rd Erdington - Either No1 or 2 can't remember. 1st on left going up from Slade Rd.
Then Alum Rock, Erdington again, Sutton Coldfield, Hampshire, Suffolk, Florida, Cornwall & Coleshill.

Last edited:
lived in dixon rd and york avenue bolton rd joined wraf 1950 lived all over the place
now retired to cornwall

Born in Blackford Rd. Sparkhill, moved to Highters Rd. Warstock when I was a year old, now live in Somerset.

born at Dudley Road Hosp, we lived then at 5 Raglan Road, Edgbaston Birmingham 47/50
21 Hasbury Road Bartley Green 50/53, 112a Adams Hill 53/57, 26 Milcote Road Weoley Castle, 57/64 Hagley Road,
I left Birmingham in the early 60's for military service and never lived there again sadly.
regards paul stacey

born at Dudley Road Hosp, we lived then at 5 Raglan Road, Edgbaston Birmingham 47/50
21 Hasbury Road Bartley Green 50/53, 112a Adams Hill 53/57, 26 Milcote Road Weoley Castle, 57/64 Hagley Road,
I left Birmingham in the early 60's for military service and never lived there again sadly.
regards paul stacey
You should come back, you don't know what you're missing!...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iUiTSR2Css"]YouTube - Birmingham City Centre,New St,Town Hall,England,2008[/ame]

hi brumgum

I did visit briefly when my dad passed on in 1998, you know a yearning to see where you were a lad and I had very happy memories,where me and dad walked etc, but some how it was not the same, now with a wife and two boys of my own I am happy in the surroundings I have lived for some 40 yr's I do have my very happy memories though of my childhood and of the great hearted people who are Brummies
regards
paul stacey

Back