• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

where are we coming from (redditch)

OK! OK! So I made a BOO(B) BOO(B). You know what they say, "People who never made a mistake, never made anything!"
Here is my sixpenneth to Derek's excellent idea (after a liitle tidying - the tipper truck has just left!)

Week done Dave very smart and tidy,
at the moment mine is a mess been searching for discs to put photo,s on
i,m going to put them in a folder under my desk,so i can find them
without having to search to see whats on them.
here is the other side of the room.:coolcheesy:

Dearest Jean,these two photos are for you,
hope you like them,it is nice and warm here and it warms my heart to send them to you.
best wishes Derek :crying: sorry seems to be the hardest word :crying:

Week done Dave very smart and tidy,
at the moment mine is a mess been searching for discs to put photo,s on
i,m going to put them in a folder under my desk,so i can find them
without having to search to see whats on them.
here is the other side of the room.:coolcheesy:

You showed me yours, I'll show you mine:D

Derek so kind of you and apology graciously accepted. Started something here Pete said he is going to put all his together and photograph them. Be on later with them but will we get told off for going off topic?. Jean.

For Dave:
All is forgiven...at least you actually saw the funny symbols - I can't say as i even noticed them:rolleyes:

Kaz.

For Dave:
All is forgiven...at least you actually saw the funny symbols - I can't say as i even noticed them:rolleyes:

Kaz.

Thanks Kaz. I only noticed them yesterday for the first time myself!
What sort of a dog is the puppy? I hope after all this banter it is a dog! We have 3 dogs. A Cocker Spaniel, A miniature long-haired Dachshund and a cross Dachshund/Jack Russell (Rachel, Cindy and Monty) - all rescue dogs. We also have 4 cats.

So this isn't really related but this is what keeps me warm down here in the basement.
She's a little bit bigger now :)

Hey Dave,

Perfect timing!
I was just trying to download her picture.
She's a poodle mix - probably with a bichon frisé.

Though if you ask hubby she's not a "Real" dog. Real dogs are Labs or retreivers or something like that. She's more sheep than dog..or rabbit perhaps. Not sure which - she bounces around the gardern!

well done mate i,ve said to GG jean about starting a collectible thread be good ,so maybe see them again Chris.
nice collection me thinks there will be more Derek

Looking through my old 'Watched Threads' I noticed this one and had to smile at some of the comments. Wifi was a bit unreliable back then, so many comments about wires and cables, and some topic drift ! Sadly the pics were lost in a hack attack . Computers have changed a lot since I posted in 2009, but I still have the computer I used back then.
It was bought in 2006 and is a big metal box, with fans, and many cables, but recently had a new lease of life with W10. I used it 9 years ago when I joined the BHF and I still occasionally use it and it might be the oldest computer viewing the forum !

This is where I come from now, my laptop and iPad, both logged in for this pic, and not a wire in sight !
twoofthem.jpg
I haven't sat at a computer desk for years, I sit in an armchair but have read that too much sitting down is not good for us 'oldies' so I often use the iPad standing up or even walking around with it ...:)

Last edited:
Back