• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

where are these locations ???

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks...here are four keith berry pics of birmingham or maybe just outside...found them on his site...apparently he made no notes as to the locations and just found them on reels of film.....just wondered if anyone could identify them....i wouldnt worry if you cant as like i said any of them could be just outside birmingham..

lyn:)

the way i post alf there is always a chance of that...:rolleyes: do you happen to know the location then.....

thanks alf...im sure phil will get back to me if he knows any of the pics....

Picture 3 has a St. sign on the garden wall by what looks like a corner pub am unable to read it though .Dek

Hi Lyn

I saw these photos myself on Keith Berry's site. I hadn't got a clue when I first saw them and I'm no wiser now. So sorry Alf it couldn't have been me that posted photo 2.

Phil

hi ya reg...must disagree with you on pic three....at least for now:rolleyes: will do a bit of reasearch but id stake me life on it that is isnt the angel which was on the corner of george st and will st...

catch you later...

Last edited:
hi reg...i just cant see it at the moment..the position of the pub dont seem right for it to be the angel...:)

lyn

reg heres my where is it pic and one of the angel pub...see what you think...off to post some then and now pics now...:rolleyes:

lyn

100% not "The Angel", as if it was looking down from George St to Wills St there was a wall which was the side of Mrs Madigan's house on the corner of Villa St, you know the lovely painted one!

I thought the same thing,Ragga.The building with the railings is possibly the Stirchley Institute and the photo taken before the one-way system was introduced?

Here is the Stirchley institute. it doesn't look the same
mike

stirchley_instituteA.jpg

Hiya Astoness. "Im Wrong" thats not the Angel on the corner of Villa street, the Angel was, or still is? on the corner of George street just above Villa street.

100% not "The Angel", as if it was looking down from George St to Wills St there was a wall which was the side of Mrs Madigan's house on the corner of Villa St, you know the lovely painted one!
Ah Tom how come you know the occupant of that house on the corner of Villa st then. l'm curious.? You might remember the builders yard round the corner then, "Price's" He came over to our Garage on one occasion with an electric kettle, I think he must have been desperate for his morning cuppa.

Apparently he'd had a power cut, only we didn't have a plug socket for it so he put it on our log burner. It melted the plastic feet on his kettle, he didn't bat an eyelid. We all found it hilarious.

lol reg...i love the story about the kettle....yes the angel is still there although not as a pub...i was down the old end a few days ago taking pics...in fact i took one that i want you to have a look at at its taken at the top end of villa st where you lived...will email it to you...

The second picture with the foliage and derelict house.. I seem to remember being said to be in Handsworth somewhere. The first and some of the others have a Lozells look to them and Keith did take a lot of pictures there.

thanks to everyone for having a look at these pics..thought they may be toughies..

lyn..:)

Back