• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

When Everyone Wore A Hat...

Easter Monday 1902 and volunteers digging at St Andrews Church pause for a photo.
EasterMondayVolunteers.jpg

There is a long thread about the church see link below. It was demolished in 1985.

A member following the post on the original thread suggested (#100) that they might be footings for a large scout hut

Presumably were for warmth while leaving the arms more free for working than a jacket. Nowadays the rather peculiar (to me) puffer equivalent serves the same purpose today.

Presumably were for warmth while leaving the arms more free for working than a jacket. Nowadays the rather peculiar (to me) puffer equivalent serves the same purpose today.
I always wear a gilet or bodywarmer. never wear a coat.apart from my camo. .... its strange to see someone wearing a waistcoat over a jumper like cleggy

The man on the left in the light coloured jumper and different hat would not look out of place in a group today but the others would.
:)

A different type of hat here. I found this photo when going through some old photos from my Dad - I think this must have come from his Dad's family somewhere along the line - no idea who it is of or when it was taken.
Pity the poor mite wearing the big bonnet. Not eeven sure if it was a boy or girl. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Like the Hat.jpg
    Like the Hat.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 24
wow that is some hat jan.o_O..its a smashing photo though shame you dont have a name for them...would say the youngest is a boy

lyn

Back