• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

When Everyone Wore A Hat...

I'm not a hat person. My uncle bought me a beret, because he wore one, but I felt more like the village idiot when wearing it. Had to wear RAF headgear, of course, for my National Service, but we all did. A few years later my uncle bought me one of those Russian style hats when Kruschev got them into fashion for a very short time, but I felt like I had a tea cosy on my head, so that didn't last long either. I now keep a baseball cap in the car in the event of rain, but I still have some hair, so I don't bother with a hat.

Maurice :)

I'm not a hat person. My uncle bought me a beret, because he wore one, but I felt more like the village idiot when wearing it. Had to wear RAF headgear, of course, for my National Service, but we all did. A few years later my uncle bought me one of those Russian style hats when Kruschev got them into fashion for a very short time, but I felt like I had a tea cosy on my head, so that didn't last long either. I now keep a baseball cap in the car in the event of rain, but I still have some hair, so I don't bother with a hat.

Maurice :)
does your car leak mourice

i must always be ahead. never take mine off, when i have a bath i put a shower cap over it so it dont get it wet :laughing::laughing:

Last edited:
i must always be ahead. never take mine off, when i have a bath i put a shower cap over it so it dont get it wet :laughing::laughing:
Pete me old mate, what colour are the clouds on your planet? Or is it the wacky baccy making you so cheerful?

There is an odd-man-out in this pic taken at an Agricultural Show and Fair at Aston Lower Grounds. No date for the pic but it was a time when everyone wore a hat ... usually !
AgFairAstonLowerGrounds.jpg

i see him, prob that is why that man has a club in his hand, prob to hit anyone not wearing a hat

what lovely photos old brit...who is the little lad your grandad seems to be trying to control :D

lyn

Back