• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

What type of motor cycle?

I have at last found the photo that started this thread and have reposted as an edit.

View attachment 136270View attachment 136270
My money's on it being a fanny Barnett (Francis Barnett). You can just about see the FB logo on the magneto cover. Found this photo of a 1929 Model 18 172cc which has a few differences to the photo but, not enough to dissuade me.
Incidentally, my first motorbike which I bought in 1962 was a 1957 Francis Barnett Plover.

Attachments

• fb 172cc.jpg
    fb 172cc.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
My money's on the Francis Barnett too. Girder forks, ridged back end and a hand gear change

Panther were motorcycles produced between 1904 and 1968. The company began in Cleckheaton, Yorkshire, as Phelon and Moore. The restored one above was built in 1938, but re-registered March 1998 (FXA is one of several "age related" plates issued by the DVLA to old vehicles restored for road use that have lost their original registrations). Looks a very nice rebuild!

British-bred Royal Enfield speeding ahead in Asia
i have a friend in brum who has bought one. he is a menber of B.O.F.C. he keeps telling me too get another bike. i tell him no i am too old now. he said we can put stabaliser wheels on the back. :grinning:

Back