• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

What make of bicycle is this ?

doug1944

master brummie
In the early 1950`s my dad had a gents bike that had rectangular tubing for the frame instead of the usual round tubing. I have never seen one since. Any ideas ?

The Granby was a lightweight bicycle that had rectangular chainstays but not all of the tubing was rectangular. Some Granby's had tapered tubing as well as rectangular chainstays. The other machine that it might be is a New Hudson Roadster. That had rectangular tubing as it was made from pressed steel, so I think that was most likely what it was.

Interesting link there OtherHalf. I will admit I looked in the naked bit as well, thought I would risk an eye, some interesitng items on there, the bikes I mean!

Back