• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

What is this?

Curly

master brummie
Clearly this is a representation of Moses and the Ark. Has anyone seen anything like it and hazard a guess as to it's origin/use? It's a white metal casting with mirror image faces. Found whilst clearing late parent's house.

Attachments

• IMG_20220626_171548.jpg
    IMG_20220626_171548.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20220626_171555.jpg
    IMG_20220626_171555.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Clearly this is a representation of Moses and the Ark. Has anyone seen anything like it and hazard a guess as to it's origin/use? It's a white metal casting with mirror image faces. Found whilst clearing late parent's house.
Did you mean to put Noah ?:mad:

I wondered if the two pieces fitted together back to back and between them was fitted texts from the bible - so there would two extracts, back to back. Then it would be hung up in the home and could be turned for a different text. It looks like it’s meant to be hung, unless the holes for are later adaptations. A very wild guess! Viv.

I wondered if the two pieces fitted together back to back and between them was fitted texts from the bible - so there would two extracts, back to back. Then it would be hung up in the home and could be turned for a different text. It looks like it’s meant to be hung, unless the holes for are later adaptations. A very wild guess! Viv.
One casting, view of both sides!

Back