• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been watching “All Creatures Great and Small” to look at the cars!

My mates and I are still trying to work out exactly which model that Riley is.

The only -ve point to me is that “Mrs Hall” is about 100 years too young, and far too attractive.

If you know the old BBC series, it is very difficult to depart from their version of Mrs Pumphrey, but I suppose that’s just me. I do think that all of the cast should get a pat on the back, purely for having the intestinal fortitude to take on stepping into such well known and loved parts. 10/10 so far, but don’t expect intellectual challenges, it’s not for that.

Also, I must add the archeological programme based on the work done for HS2, although Alice Roberts’ tortured vowel sounds are a bit annoying. The state of some of the remains exhumed shows just how hard life was for our ancestors in the jewellery quarter.

Last edited:
Whilst watching tv programmes that interrupt all the advertisements I have noticed for some while how the adverts are transmitted with a louder volume than the programmes maybe it to wake you up?
Another peculiarity is new car adverts. Car sales are down it seems, maybe I see why. Most adverts feature cars that are left hand drive,the UK- apart from the odd moron who should not be in control of any vehicle anyway -drive on the left hand side of the road with right hand drive vehicles.
Another thing crossed my mid when watching a car ad and that was who on earth takes kids too school at four thirty in the morning?

Whilst watching tv programmes that interrupt all the advertisements I have noticed for some while how the adverts are transmitted with a louder volume than the programmes maybe it to wake you up?
Another peculiarity is new car adverts. Car sales are down it seems, maybe I see why. Most adverts feature cars that are left hand drive,the UK- apart from the odd moron who should not be in control of any vehicle anyway -drive on the left hand side of the road with right hand drive vehicles.
Another thing crossed my mid when watching a car ad and that was who on earth takes kids too school at four thirty in the morning?
i am getting %^%$^&$&* fed up now of these insurance adds and delmeo bed toppers, every ten mins.

Last edited:
I recently watched part of episode one of `The Duchess` on Netflix & it was appalling. You expect the odd f word on tv these days but this programme took swearing to a new level. Loads of f words plus a few c & t words thrown in. Why? This show was written by a woman, Katherine Ryan. Whatever happened to the `gentle sex` !

One of the reasons why I haven't watched TV for over 16 years and not much before then, Smudger. The quality of the productions is now rubbish. Kids no longer go to bed at 9:00pm nowadays. Is it any wonder why schools can no longer maintain discipline?

Maurice :cool:

I have been watching “All Creatures Great and Small” to look at the cars!

My mates and I are still trying to work out exactly which model that Riley is.

The only -ve point to me is that “Mrs Hall” is about 100 years too young, and far too attractive.

If you know the old BBC series, it is very difficult to depart from their version of Mrs Pumphrey, but I suppose that’s just me. I do think that all of the cast should get a pat on the back, purely for having the intestinal fortitude to take on stepping into such well known and loved parts. 10/10 so far, but don’t expect intellectual challenges, it’s not for that.

Also, I must add the archeological programme based on the work done for HS2, although Alice Roberts’ tortured vowel sounds are a bit annoying. The state of some of the remains exhumed shows just how hard life was for our ancestors in the jewellery quarter.

John, I watch many of the shows to look at the cars and scenery!

combat dealers. i love the swag. he buys and sells i once bought a cossack x amy combo. what a machine wish i still had it.

I just wish that they would stop spoiling my enjoyment of the adverts with the odd pieces of programme.

Bob
yes i agree with you Bob the ads seem
1602767807209.jpeg
to be getting as long as the programs

Attachments

• 1602767807209.jpeg
    1602767807209.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 4
Probably all of the antiques programmes (though the voice-overs are quite annoying), ufos, supernatural stuff -- but not the phony ghost hunt things, good movie thrillers, ancient Egypt and Agatha Christie, especially Poirot.
me too i like buy it fix it flog it. but that womans voice-over grrrrr

I like Ghosts at 8.30 BBC1 (especially the caveman). It's much wittier than it first appears.

We've also been watching Frank Skinner and ? friend following Johnstone & Boswell's journey to the Western Isles. The scenery is magnificent and Johnstone's quotes memorable. It's on Sky Arts which we've just started receiving on our Freeview.

Anyone know the name of the show that was televised in black and white and started with the shot of a bus going round Piccadilly Circus in London ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back