• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I start typing hans and lotte into Google and it put their last name in the search box before I finished typing ....
Hass
I already knew it but I checked with big Google before posting ... :cool:
Thanks OM, did not think about Dr Google for this.
Bob

I have been waiting for Wendy Lee to tell us that her favourite programme is of course Nothing to Declare Australia as all those Chinese try to smuggle in suitcases full of food. But a question, there was Armand & Michaela Dennis doing animals and Hans & Lotte ????? doing water. What was their last name. Question arose because on Radio 4 extra this morning on an old 'I'm sorry I'll read that again' they did a send up of them.

Bob

Well Bob that would have to be Vera followed closely by silent witness and Doc Martin :)
Dont ask me why we have so many visitors coming in with so much food... we have plenty of beautiful produce over here...some of the stuff looks disgusting, home prepared food...made from all sorts of horrible things it must be off some of it travelling so far ...yuck!!

Well Bob that would have to be Vera followed closely by silent witness and Doc Martin :)
Dont ask me why we have so many visitors coming in with so much food... we have plenty of beautiful produce over here...some of the stuff looks disgusting, home prepared food...made from all sorts of horrible things it must be off some of it travelling so far ...yuck!!
How are you guys doing ?
I see you are now getting carrots dropped from the sky

Thank Bob, yes we are doing fine, there has been heaps of donations and help, people have been so very generous. The animals are also being well looked after, lots of drops of pellets etc. I am madly making wildlife pouches for small critters, wallabies, kangas and the baby joeys who have been injured in the fires. Fires still burning , did get some rain from a storm passing through victoria but the bulk of the rain had eased by the time it got to the East(fires). Shame it didnt get what my daughter in law got 44 mls in 30 minutes :scream: We are getting there, we are very thankful to everyone around the world for their donations and messages of love and support, it is amazing.
Wendy

Thank Bob, yes we are doing fine, there has been heaps of donations and help, people have been so very generous. The animals are also being well looked after, lots of drops of pellets etc. I am madly making wildlife pouches for small critters, wallabies, kangas and the baby joeys who have been injured in the fires. Fires still burning , did get some rain from a storm passing through victoria but the bulk of the rain had eased by the time it got to the East(fires). Shame it didnt get what my daughter in law got 44 mls in 30 minutes :scream: We are getting there, we are very thankful to everyone around the world for their donations and messages of love and support, it is amazing.
Wendy
P.S l like Vera also

It's kind of you to help Wendylee.

It's heart breaking to see what is happening. I really hope things improve very soon.

Retuned our TV last week and found the Smithsonian channel on freeview. Have been addicted to watching Mystic Britain. No doubt the novelty will wear off once the series is repeated.

The Talking Pictures channel is showing "Take Me High" on Sunday. (1.50 pm.?) It will be good to see some "Old Birmingham". It was filmed by Church of the Messiah now Brindley Place etc.
rosie.

I watch very little TV now, modern programs have little appeal to me. I tend to watch old comedy repeats on U Tube, the likes of Open All Hours, Porridge, Last of the Summer Wine, Only Fools and Horses etc... they do not seem to have programs like that now (in my opinion anyway). Yesterday I watched a repeat of Hobson's Choice on Talking Pictures, I like old Black and White films, particular comedies. Eric

The Repair Shop. Their skill and knowledge is awesome. They are also genuinely interested in the history of the object and the people that bring them in.
Oddly, when people are reunited with their beautifully repaired item I find I have something in my eye! No idea why. ;)

One of the most amazing programs I have ever seen on TV is "The Rise of the Continents" presented by geologist Prof Iain Stewart.

He goes all over the world looking at the shape and position of all the continents and explains why the land mass is where it is and why it is the shape it is (why the Himalayas are where they are for example).

He then looks at the geology of the area and how we can prove that, for example Australia and Antarctica were once joined together as one land mass, or how we know the desert around the pyramids in Egypt was once a sea (because they have found ancient whale bones buried in the sand around the pyramids !)

This all sounds very heavy but he does it in a easy going style and makes it very watchable.

The GOOD news is that they started repeating it on BBC 2 last Saturday morning, with the next 3 episodes to follow.

The first episode is on the iPlayer here if you want to catch up.

Here is a clip on YouTube of a small part of one of the episodes

Last edited:
I watch very little TV now, modern programs have little appeal to me. I tend to watch old comedy repeats on U Tube, the likes of Open All Hours, Porridge, Last of the Summer Wine, Only Fools and Horses etc... they do not seem to have programs like that now (in my opinion anyway). Yesterday I watched a repeat of Hobson's Choice on Talking Pictures, I like old Black and White films, particular comedies. Eric

i am with you eric...i also watch all of those programmes on youtube..also love the carry on films

lyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back