• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Lozellian
Fawlty Towers excellent comedy. I have all the episodes on DVD but still watch when it is shown on tv. My wife's company once held its Christmas function at the hotel that inspired John Cleese to write the series.
Didn't really rate the first Black Adder series, the remainder were fantastic. The final scene in Black Adder goes forth when they go over the top should be counted as one of the top scenes in British television history. I always seem to get something in my eye whenever I watch it.

Nodd the tv critic:cool:

Hi Nodd,

Absolutely right there mate, classic TV that alas we don't seem to get anymore.

Lozellian.

It's Talking Pictures TV channel 81 Freeview, all the way!! I watch little else, nowadays. Marvellous films from Britain's glorious past, I can't get enough of them, and try and watch at least one different film every day. BBC, ITV & Channel 4 seem to prefer showing imported rubbish. My favourite actors are Stanley Baker, Nigel Green, Eric Portman and William Hartnell. I would love to hear if anyone else enjoys these great stars of yesteryear!

It's Talking Pictures TV channel 81 Freeview, all the way!! I watch little else, nowadays. Marvellous films from Britain's glorious past, I can't get enough of them, and try and watch at least one different film every day. BBC, ITV & Channel 4 seem to prefer showing imported rubbish. My favourite actors are Stanley Baker, Nigel Green, Eric Portman and William Hartnell. I would love to hear if anyone else enjoys these great stars of yesteryear!
With you there Alf. Some great old films on TPTV, and I like the fact that there is (almost) no swearing in them. Great acting great dialogue no CGI, bliss.

i watched that very enjoyable........thanks for supporting film history.by watching talking pictures.
see also
Films From The 50s And 60s?

please can anyone tell me about Netflix.is it better than amazon prime
I think it's six of one and half dozen of the other, I have Netflix and never use it anymore, I subscribed for the English TV shows but now there all gone pretty much as was have a service here called Britbox, that has both the Beeb and ITV programing.
I think in the long term Amazon will be the winner it's all about content.
Netflix is a billion in debt and loosing subscribers I think it's just a matter of time, we now have Apple and Disney both companys with cash and one that's knows how to make money in the entertainment business.

Alf snap so do I . So much in fact I've started a spreadsheet titled 50 Years of Film . This ranges from 1920-1970 . Funny how great minds think alike .

Watched 2 episodes of Hello Hello last night,never laughed so much for ages (especially the policeman ) on Yesterday TV. Today's scriptwriters don't know how to write comedy like that.Not a swear word in sight just clean fun. :yum:yum:yum

Watched 2 episodes of Hello Hello last night,never laughed so much for ages (especially the policeman ) on Yesterday TV. Today's scriptwriters don't know how to write comedy like that.Not a swear word in sight just clean fun. :yum:yum:yum
i love that. all the silly names. admiral sinkenfasten

wmOnjm,have had Netflix for over 12 months through my S/law.Saw a good film with Micheal Caine about a bank robbery with Morgan Freeman excellent.But a lot are in my opinion a load of rubbish. Wouldn't know aboutAmazon Prime

wmOnjm,have had Netflix for over 12 months through my S/law.Saw a good film with Micheal Caine about a bank robbery with Morgan Freeman excellent.But a lot are in my opinion a load of rubbish. Wouldn't know aboutAmazon Prime
i think i will stick with Amazon. they show some good films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back