• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here I am 50 + years after telling my pop one night that if we were in America we could have a choice of 10 channels after trying the 3 we had back then, so now with a big screen and sound surrounded a 3 thousand dollar investment to watch 3 dollars worth of content, my channels go up to700 + but I only watch about 7, I love to watch English shows on PBS some of which are so corny now Are You Being Served, that show with that bucket woman, a new device just started here is called Britbox

I'm watching PBS at this moment (over the top of my laptop) and here is an instant pic from my phone.
Channel 94 Freeview.
IMG_0119.jpg

Last edited:
Miss all those classic the 2 Ronnie's, Morcombe and Wise, Peter Cook and Dudley Moore the Tarzan sketch where he has only one leg trying out for the part, worth looking up the 60's version in black and white, "I have nothing against your right leg and neither do you" PC police would not let it play today

I'm watching PBS at this moment (over the top of my laptop) and here is an instant pic from my phone.
Channel 94 Freeview.
View attachment 134659
PBS has been a welcome light in my life here in the states, Master Piece Theater on Sunday evening has shown great English tv over the years, Prime Suspect, Morse, Lewis, and now Endeavor just to name a few, of course we had to have Downton Abby big hit here and most folks have no idea how repressive the class system was in England at that time

Nope, soaps don't do it for me either. Everyone seems to be at each others throat and shouting.

I'd agree with you there Kat7272 everybody's a hard case , I haven't watche Eastenders for about 15/20 yrs when I do unfortunately catch a glimpse of a trailer everyone seems to be squinting in a threatening way . I watch a lot of documentaries where I can always learn something

any thing with old cars, furniture,history and Silent witness, Downton Abby , Vera, Endeavour, Ambulance 24 hours in A&E super vet yorkshire vet and country files

Twenty four hours in A&E is ruined for me, too many talking heads. ;) I like the hospital treatment stories, not interested in hearing the relatives telling their life story.

Reading some of these posts it`s surprising how us old codgers watch programmes like 24 hours in A&E, Inside the ambulance, helicopter medics etc.
Maybe we`re getting ready for what`s to come for us in the (hopefully distant ) future. It`s also surprising how many old folk fall off ladders!

Twenty four hours in A&E is ruined for me, too many talking heads. ;) I like the hospital treatment stories, not interested in hearing the relatives telling their life story.
I love hospital operations and vet programs Super vet is great for the implants Noel makes mind you husband got a bit green watching a knee replacement just after he had been through the same thing hehehehe

Reading some of these posts it`s surprising how us old codgers watch programmes like 24 hours in A&E, Inside the ambulance, helicopter medics etc.
Maybe we`re getting ready for what`s to come for us in the (hopefully distant ) future. It`s also surprising how many old folk fall off ladders!
talk for yourself I still I'm still 28 alpha in my head lol

Gentleman Jack, Sunday nights, BBC1, is good fun, I reckon. Really hoping that greedy Rawson bloke gets his comeuppance!

We watch a lot of British programs

And we've had some pretty good Australian Programs - A Place to call Home, 800 Words (Pity they didn't continue after series 3), Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, The Doctor Blake Mysteries, Doctor Doctor (Renamed 'The Heart Guy' over here) and of course Neighbours and Home and Away are still going!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back