• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat7272

master brummie
I like watching stuff on the bbc iplayer, also the itv hub and c4. Walter presents is good on c4, I like the european dramas.

But, I've got through a lot of programmes, sometimes I have bad nights due to IBS.

What do you watch?

I used to suffer from IBS too, Kat, and still do to a lesser extent. But I have lived in Crete for the last 14 years and we don't watch TV at all, not that I was much of a watcher when I lived in the UK. To be honest I much prefer the interaction that I get from the internet. I'm also deaf, so watching something on TV without subtitles is not easy, even though I use high quality closed back headphones.

Maurice

Glad to hear your IBS is not as bad. And I can quite easily not bother with the tv, but it takes my mind off being in pain. My IBS is under control but it still gives me problems.

i like to watch the old classic comedy sit coms ...easy to watch and not full of doom and gloom as i think there is enough of that in the world already..very rarely watch the news or buy a newspaper either...at the min i am watching on the buses:):):)

lyn

I watch mostly crime stories, BBC Parliament (shows that not many MPs are charlatans) and science based stuff.
Can't abide soaps of any description.

Nope, soaps don't do it for me either. Everyone seems to be at each others throat and shouting.

talking pictures wil hay. and all the old stuff

Attachments

• Will-Hay-1937.jpg
    Will-Hay-1937.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
One channel I’ve been watching lately is PBS America. It recently put out a series about the American civil war which I found most interesting. It’s on channel 94 in my area but the strange thing is I can receive it on my main tv but not on my kitchen tv even when I rescan.

I like the bbc archive programmes. I watched a really interesting architecture programme, plus Arena programmes are interesting.

One channel I’ve been watching lately is PBS America. It recently put out a series about the American civil war which I found most interesting. It’s on channel 94 in my area but the strange thing is I can receive it on my main tv but not on my kitchen tv even when I rescan.
I watch a lot of PBS America too. Some very good documentaries. I`ve also downloaded a load of Benny Hill clips from Youtube which i shall be watching on Christmas day. ( Wife`s away visiting son for a week & i miss the old trout! ):(

YouTube is really good now for showing complete series from years gone, at the moment I'm watching all the prisoner episodes (Patrick McGoohan) the TV now is pretty poor I'm not surprised that people are still turning to the old classics especially the old British comedy shows

YouTube is really good now for showing complete series from years gone, at the moment I'm watching all the prisoner episodes (Patrick McGoohan) the TV now is pretty poor I'm not surprised that people are still turning to the old classics especially the old British comedy shows

ive been doing that for a few years now ade...thanks for the idea i may watch the prisoner again..mind you i could never figure it out years ago:rolleyes:

lyn

I only watch the 6pm news, documentaries that interest me, or some film that interests me, mainly watch things on firestick.

Some great documentaries on PBS America (ch 94), but the ads are dominated by BT & i have to mute the sound otherwise i`d throw something at the tele. Grrrrrrrrrr. NCIS, CHICAGO PD, CHICAGO MED, A&E, + anything medical + helicopter rescue. lifeboat. Can`t stand the miserable sods in Eastenders.

I find that most of the medical programmes, especially A&E have become pretty boring, too many 'talking heads' and not enough of the medics.

Probably all of the antiques programmes (though the voice-overs are quite annoying), ufos, supernatural stuff -- but not the phony ghost hunt things, good movie thrillers, ancient Egypt and Agatha Christie, especially Poirot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back