• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will add to the comments about hearing aids, particularly in relation to TV watching. The problem is often not with the hearing aid but with the way broadcasters actually "broad cast the audio component Of their programmes. They will mix speech and sound effects into effectively a single channel. It is possible with some high end (ie Very expensive) TV's to Get some separation using Dolby interface, but not even then on all programmes and certainly it is restricted to the main channels.
Using a sound bar, home cinema set up with modern digital hearing aids directly linked by "Bluetooth" or through a digital streaming device may help but this becomes very expensive and my own set up runs to thousands rather than hundreds of pounds. Talking to my NHS Audiologist and then latterly a private consultant I understand that for most peope with moderate hearing loss simply broadcasting speech and background music/noise on two separate channels could alleviate the problems for more than 90% of them.
Not an expensive or complex fix, so why don't they do it? Maybe because it doesn't affect them, So why bother.

This thread now has been running since December 2018 so almost everything that can be said about TV watching has been covered.
The thread is now locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back