• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

What Can I do to Get Rid of This

Alf

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENT VERSION\YIA5HELPER
Refers to main app
Does not exist

Its there everyday and it was 55 times yesterday when I cleaned my rubbish out

Any ideas friends

Frustrated Suffolk:D

You need to take it out of your register Alf as it looks like it refers to something you have deleted.
Click "Start"
then click on "Run"
Type in box "regedit" ...no commas.
Hit run and you will be able to go down the menu tree like what you see in my computer, find the file and backspace it to delete it. Do a system restore first just to be on the safe side.

Alf - I can see stuff about IA5HELPER but not YIA5HELPER.
If you alter the registery be sure you have it backed up.
Use to 'Find' and 'Findnext' to find the words when you search the registery.
If the thing has recently appeared can you 'system restore' to a much earlier date and see if it was there, you can always undo the restore.
oldmohawk:)

Alf Google (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENT VERSION\YIA5HELPER) and it explains how to fix your problem. It says it something to do with an incorrect uninstall procedure, and this should correct your problem.

Bob

Thank you Mike OMH & Bob I will now try to see what I can do I'll be back:shocked:
I had a quick look last night

Back