• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Westmoreland sweet shop - new john street west

MollieSmiles

Hello everyone!

My grandads nan use to own a sweet shop in new john street west during the 40s and 50s I think. It was number 367. Can anyone help me find pictures or something that I could tell him about it? :)

Thank you Mollie

Yes it was no 367. and here is a map showing where it was near the junction with Great Russell St

map c1950 showing no 367 new john st west.jpg

I do not seem to have any, but maybe someone else does. they do know where we are talking about now

Back