• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Westhill College Selly Oak

Also, there were a couple of places in Weoley Park Road - one was used for training purposes of missionaries and another was for adult teacher training.

Westhill was part of Selly Oak Colleges. The Federation doesn't exist anymore.

Fircraft still operates and has its own thread.

Woodbrooke Quaker Study Centre still operates and meeting rooms can be rented by approved organisations. I have been a few times for meetings unconnected with the Quakers.

In the early 1980s I had an Indian meal with two young Swiss student theologians who told me about Hans Kung (recently excommunicated) and feminist theology. So Westhill could nurture some radical ideas. The colleges had an ethos of child-centred learning. Remember that?

Last edited:
Hi Bob, I studied for my teaching certificate from 1969 to 1972 and remember the admin building well. I remember an English lecturer named Brian Hazel and Drama lecturer named Jack Beckett. During my 3 years I was involved in several productions which took place in the George Cadbury Hall. During my last year at college the Cadbury Trust paid for the hall to be converted to a theatre and I operated the new Strand LightSet lighting control board for a production of "Joseph and the Amazing Coloured Dreamcoat". I wondered if you were there at that time?

Attachments

• Joseph0001.jpg
    Joseph0001.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Joseph0000.jpg
    Joseph0000.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 4
Back