• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Western Road Temporary Infirmary

marandina2

knowlegable brummie
Hi
My GGGrandftaher died in 1916 of Laryngitis at Western Road Temporary Infirmary. I am hoping someone can give me some information about the place. Anything would be of interest. But especially why it would be temporary?
I've done a small search and understand the place was a workhouse. My GGG had an address so I'm assuming that pre NHS it was a place of treatment for the general public. Another source said it became Dudley Road hospital is this the case?
Many thanks :)

Welcome
No idea about "temporary" but the workhouse became Dudley Road Hospital and then City hospital. If you search on here there are threads about them.

Back