• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

West Midlands Metro trams going blue 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer the blue liverys to the pink too. Still waiting for the remaining trams to be fitted with batteries and get the blue livery treatment.

thanks ell ..i also prefer the colour blue and as i am a baggies fan what a lovely tribute to the late cyrille regis

lyn

Last edited:
If these are blue and one has baggies livery, in fair Essex should there not be a claret and blue..... and just a thought
Bo

Got tram 29 today and it was blue, Grand Central to West Bromwich Central.

Interior is unchanged apart from the new West Midlands Metro labels.

Tram 29 at West Bromwich Central shortly after I got off it.

More new photos of tram 31 at Corporation Street Tram Stop. The trams always ringing the bells to let people know to move out of the way!

Tram 21 in Just Eat livery at West Bromwich Central. Only the ends are blue.

Tram 28 is still pink (I caught this one back to Birmingham) but I suspect it might go blue soon?

yes ell i noticed a couple of pink ones today...i caught a blue one to bilston today from the jewellery quarter..nice and spacious inside but i dont think i could travel much further on the hard seats:rolleyes:

lyn

The seats are ok. Saw a man in a wheelchair, and he could easily get out in the disabled doors. The side seats facing inwards aren't that great for photos. The one I sat on the way to West Bromwich was fine for views out of the window.

maybe its just me then ell as i think the seats are like sitting on a plank of wood..maybe i am not padded enough:D

lyn

maybe its just me then ell as i think the seats are like sitting on a plank of wood..maybe i am not padded enough:D

lyn
Only used it the once, disabled access for my daughter in a wheel chair fine, but those seats, very uncomfortable and hard and sitting side on is not a pleasant ride. Mind you travel Paddington - Taunton on a new IEP and you know what an uncomfortable seat feels like, only slightly better than the seats in the EMUs now running Reading - Paddington.

Bob

I took a friend for a ride on the trams a few weeks ago. The tram to Wolverhampton was OK but the seats on the tram back to Birmingham was really uncomfortable.

Still looking out for tram 23 in town, but for now saw tram 17 again, this time heading up Stephenson Place past Apple (ex Midland Bank / Waterstone's).

Still people walking on the right side despite no pavement on that side any more (under the ramp).

Only named trams are Angus Adams (tram 35 - not seen it recently) and Ozzy Osbourne (tram 37). The others haven't been named yet. Also tram 31 recently got Cyrille Regis livery applied to it.

On the look out for blue trams again today. Saw Ozzy Osbourne tram 37 again, this time at St Chad's Tram Stop.

Then heading past the Snow Hill Living Wall.

Got to Colmore Circus then saw tram 28 in blue for the first time. A limo and a street cleaning vehicle got in the way of getting a shot of two blue trams in one.

There is at least two other trams in blue I haven't seen yet.

Been having a blue tram rest for a few weeks, but saw tram 20 in blue at Corporation Street Tram Stop (missed the other one heading up to Bull Street this morning).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back