• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

West Heath Sanitorium / Hospital 1958

md080684

Does anyone know if it is possible to search records of staff and patients in West Heath Sanitorium in 1958?

A family member was in this hospital with TB in 1958 and through family members I have a forename of someone they were close to whilst in there. We don’t know how if this was a patient or a member of staff working there.

I would like to find out if there is any way I can look for this information or anyone who may be able to help?

If such a list exists it is probably subject to the 100 year rule - meaning access is closed except for exceptional reasons.

Does anyone know if it is possible to search records of staff and patients in West Heath Sanitorium in 1958?

A family member was in this hospital with TB in 1958 and through family members I have a forename of someone they were close to whilst in there. We don’t know how if this was a patient or a member of staff working there.

I would like to find out if there is any way I can look for this information or anyone who may be able to help?
My mother was in there about the same time she also had TB her name was Jean Cook nee Coley.

If you would like to send me your email address I could send you copies of pages of a book I have on West Heath Hospital.

Thank you for post on the forum. We strongly advise members not to post their personal email addresses on the thread. Your email address and data could be harvested and used for scams, fraud, and identity theft. If you wish other members to contact you, then its best if you advise them to use the “Start Conversation” facility we provide. This then protects you and your privacy.

Back