• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

West Bromwich parish records

ADELE

master brummie
Hello
Im after some marriage records for St Marys West Brom , would any one know where I could go to find the parish records. Im sure I found out I might be able to go to Smethwick Library, dont know do they keep records on micro fische or film.
Ta Adele:)

evergreen

Cradley Heathen
Hi Adele,

They do keep microfische records at smethwick library, it would be worth giving them a call to see that the West Brom records are there before you make the trip. To use the readers in the Library has to be by appointment only.

Good luck

Heather

ADELE

master brummie
Heather
You star, will have to look them up. Didnt want a wasted journey.
Dont realise how spoilt we are using Birmingham libray just walk in and pick up the records you want.
Thankyou Adele

evergreen

Cradley Heathen
Hi Adele.

Tis me again, you will need a County Archive Research Network (CARN) readers ticket. If you havn't got one they will sort it out for you when you get there, you will need some form of I.D.

not sure if this will help
Smethwick Library High Street Smethwick B66 1AA. Tel: 0121 558 0497

They have lockers where you can put your handbag etc. as they only allow pencils in there. The coffee shop do a mean cup of coffee

all the best

Heather

ADELE

master brummie
Hi Heather,
I have a carns card , need it for Walsall History Centre. Sounds like you have been to Smethwick yourself.
Telephone number as well, many many thanks. This part of the family are funny live in Aston, sudenly turn up in West Brom and then go back to aston. I m sure its because the family are working on and off at the Iron works that I read was up by St Marys Curch. Could have been a quick marriage due to a child been due but cant find evidence of a birth record. Whos to know haha.
Any way thanks again.
Adele