• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

west Bromwich births and deaths registry office

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
Hi guys can anybody tell me whether or not the west Bromwich registered office for births and deaths office is still in circulation
As I am thinking of contacting them for a birth certificate for a a lady called Beatrice Hinton aged 7 in 1884 Smethwick so I presume it would come under west Bromwich.
Or should I contact the bir Ingham office many thanks astonian,,,,,

Alan , how do you know she was 7 in 1884 that would make her born 1877 making her 4 in 1881 census or thereabouts and there is no birth record.

Go you mean the daughter of your Walter who was born Beatrice Annie in 1883 shown as age 7 on the 1891 census,

Last edited:
good morning jennyann
many thanks again for your replying and assitance on my request i knew afew years back that the old west bromwich one had a fire there years ago
it was just after i started mt reseaching and i knew and read should i say that lost alot of valued information in the fire thats why i did put my request out
thanks again jennyannyou are a tre star have a nice day even thou its the weather is surpose to be wicked today best wishes as always astonian; alan;

good morning to you alberta
how i got the age of seven for beatrice is i crawled back through my old threads of request on this forum regarding the hintons for walter hinton and the family
hoping that there was some kind of let up regarding catherine the mother but there was not so i thought and i got the list of the famly with the sisters
and the thread i got back on this forum was from sheras old thread wich gave me the ages of them all even walter bt like you i looked and started to think on the same lines as your self working out and the calulation of walter as it said he was thirty eight andit said she was born in 1881 and i thought e must be old
so i thought i would contact the agency to get a certif;; but then i reliezes that west brom had the fire back about nine years ago and as it was an old building much to my surprize as i went in person i was an really old crepit bulding so thats why i put my request for help to find out whee is the place to go ;jenny as put up the address for me thank god alan; astonian;;;;

hi there alberta
thank you a big thank you i would say to you ;now i have got some think to work on according to sheras old thread it came under of st mattews smethwick parish and also accordin to sheras old thread it stated on hat cenus hat they was lving in 61 upper grove street smethwick but i have a certif with my grand moher
Bertha Victoria aged 3 yrs old and born in 61 upper high park road west midlads but still with no mother
would i need any more info ; on catherines burial [ like where was she burried or not or date of birh when and where she was born ; ?.
thanks again alberta ;; alan astonian;

Alan, found marriage of Walter.

St. Marks, Marylebone road, Westminster,
14th April 1877

Walter Hinton age 24 father Charles - to - Katherine Wootton age 24 father William

Their first child Walter Thomas born 1878 Chelsea.

Hi Alberta
Many thanks for your Valuable time and helping me on my problem of researching my grand fathers roots so he started off in London and then Gloucestershire and the Birmingham he was a police officer in Gloucestershire then came to Birmingham still a police officer he as served the steel house lane digbeth
And moved to Smethwick where I have learnt from the tabs of Google he ended up as a superintentant of the force there was a couple of story s about apprendenda couple of guys in the street where they lived once again Alberta thank you

Back