• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

WELSH CAPEL OUTSIDE PUB

Welshnwobbly

proper brummie kid
MANY thanks to everyone who hosted the social meet-up at the Bull pub on Saturday.
I am enjoying reading Birmingham The Sinister Side, my raffle prize.
I noticed the Welsh language on the sign outside the church directly opposite the pub (picture attached) when I went out for a breather and a natter. Spooky!

Attachments

• capel.jpg
    capel.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 24
I'm not sure how active the church is now. I remember a few years ago walking up towards the gunmakers and the porch was scattered, then, with rubbish, as if it was not being used regularly, though more recently it has looked clean

This site has the Loveday Street address but address seem to be elsewhere. So I am not sure how active it is.

This is the Welsh Chapel in Loveday Street, opposite the Bull. It's from the Geograph site. BHF gets a mention !
The link in the photographed text takes you to the chapel in Wheeler Street - the earlier (pre-1970) chapel link below. Its moved around from Moor Street, Anne Street, Wheeler Street and now Loveday Street.
Screenshot_20230411_122651_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20230411_122644_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Back