• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Wellhead Lane

3 photos here...one showing aldridge road with wellhead lane to the right 1926....the other showing the wellhead tavern franchise st 1930s the 3rd shows the inside of the pub 1958 which i think is the photo jean first postedwellhead lane aldridge road junction 1926.jpegWellhead Tavern 1930's Perry Bar Birmingham.jpgwellhead tavern franchise st 1958.jpg the pub has been closed for some time now..mainly due i would think to the demo of the university as a lot of students used the pub...as some of you know the uni site will now be developed for use as the commonwealth games athletes village so hopefully the pub may re open...just realised we do have a thread for the wellhead tavern..click on link below

lyn

Last edited:
Is there a thread for Bill Switchgear
ted you need to use the search box at the top right of the page...just put in what you are searching for...we do have a thread for bill switchgear click on link below

3 photos here...one showing aldridge road with wellhead lane to the right 1926....the other showing the wellhead tavern franchise st 1930s the 3rd shows the inside of the pub 1958 which i think is the photo jean first postedView attachment 138329View attachment 138330View attachment 138331 the pub has been closed for some time now..mainly due i would think to the demo of the university as a lot of students used the pub...as some of you know the uni site will now be developed for use as the commonwealth games athletes village so hopefully the pub may re open...just realised we do have a thread for the wellhead tavern..click on link below

lyn
great photos I was in the pub about 3 years ago when I was over from Australia for my brothers funeral .

Thank you Lyn , I have been searching factories for Bill switchgear I think it was in astonlane cant find it.
Will sort it out Lyn. My aunt Freda Taplin worked at Bill Switchgear for some years. She lived next to my Nan in one of the back to backs in Franchise street.

Attachments

• efg6.jpg
    efg6.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 32
hi jean....i must have saved that photo you posted and i have reposted it on post 61 on this thread...is the photo you have just posted taken outside the wellhead tavern?? lovely photo

lyn

hi jean and ray if you spot my post would it be possible for you both to repost the photos that we have lost from this thread please..i think i may have saved one of yours jean but i would have to check my files

many thanks

lyn
Would you have the one Ray Barrett shared of our two Grandmothers Lyn?. Would be nice to put it back on again as it was taken inside the Wellhead pub at an old folks party. Thanks.

jean see photo 3 on post 61 on this thread although it looks like a christmas party...is this the one ray posted ??

lyn

3 photos here...one showing aldridge road with wellhead lane to the right 1926....the other showing the wellhead tavern franchise st 1930s the 3rd shows the inside of the pub 1958 which i think is the photo jean first postedView attachment 138329View attachment 138330View attachment 138331 the pub has been closed for some time now..mainly due i would think to the demo of the university as a lot of students used the pub...as some of you know the uni site will now be developed for use as the commonwealth games athletes village so hopefully the pub may re open...just realised we do have a thread for the wellhead tavern..click on link below

lyn
This is the photo with my nan bottom row second left.

hi jean....i must have saved that photo you posted and i have reposted it on post 61 on this thread...is the photo you have just posted taken outside the wellhead tavern?? lovely photo

lyn
Yes Lyn my granddad is sitting front row on the left of the gent with the bucket.

Back