• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Welcome to all our new members

glad to see all the new members especially those who have had to wait a while lots of people with good advice and knowledge on the forum which makes it a great place for us to be:D

Thank's for the welcome, It's been a long wait, but I'm sure that it will be worth it.
OH...... and thank you to Maggieuk for reassuring me while I was out there in the dark waiting ;)

I have a fair bit about the Breakwell/Brakewell/Brecknocks/Powles/Poles on file.

Bill

Thanks for the welcome Maggieuk
just looking for info on Ronald Philip Parkes, Tailor shops in Saltley & Alum Rock (1880-1917)
Cheers

Hi All

I'm another newbie who's been out in the cold, nose pressed to the window waiting to be let in!

I'm married to a Brummie but now find that relatives on my Fathers maternal side came from there too. I've made contact with a few but still looking for any Beavan's whose ancestors came from Herefordshire.

I'm looking forward to exploring this site and 'picking your brains'.

Linda

just to say again a big welcome to all new members :D we are overwhelmed :)nice to see you all:)cant reply individually as got cramp in me digits:D

welcome to all the newbies. would just like to say we have been a bit overwhelmed by the amount of queries coming in all at once!!

if you do not get any info post again in a few days as your post will have gone too far down the list. best of luck to you all :)

Maggie
Thanks for the link to your web site it looks great. I am new to this and have signed up to that same tribal pages.https://www.hudsonfamilyhistory.tribalpages.com I am reserching Hudson, Mees, Manners and Brisband. if you ever come across these names
All the very best Dave Hudson

Glad to help Dave:)Once again I want to say Welcome to all the new members..We seem to have had a lot over the past few days.. so sorry I have not said hello individually:) think you will all really come to enjoy the forum :):)
Maggie

Thank yor for the welcome! I hope the snow has stopped over there :beam:

I am looking for my mom's relatives. Her maiden name is Goldingay, she lived in Shirley during her childhood, brother named Tommy and one sister named Violet. Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Beverly

Welcome to all the new member.
I would hate to miss anyone so I hope you all pop by here soon. Have fun.:0431: Mo:)

Hi and welcome. Any request for help or information is best posted in the appropriate section.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am glad this thread has been brought back as it made me feel so welcome when I joined. It was not this particular one but one similar.

Back