• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Webb, Joseph Scott

As the place was listed as a hostel for overseas students I assume she was a student. She is not listed in 1949.
I did try looking at "incoming passengers" but without a DoB there were rather a lot to look at. Even restricting to 1949 or 1950 entry.

As the place was listed as a hostel for overseas students I assume she was a student. She is not listed in 1949.
I did try looking at "incoming passengers" but without a DoB there were rather a lot to look at. Even restricting to 1949 or 1950 entry.
Yes, and given the Anglo-Saxon name probably she came in from Canada, Australia or New Zealand maybe.What is your source for the E Rolls?Ancestry?

Yes - Ancestry. However, I searched by address not name.
Dont think I can on my Library membership but I've turned up these on a name search.Notice Joseph Scott Webb(Scott was his MMN)becomes Joseph Scott-Webbe.Think this is going under the radar.However when he winds up living with his Mom the e drops off.

Attachments

• 1951 105 Canfield Gardens.jpg
    1951 105 Canfield Gardens.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 1952 105 Canfield Gardens Hampstead Central.jpg
    1952 105 Canfield Gardens Hampstead Central.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 5
  • 1952 82 Mill Hill Road Acton West Ward.jpg
    1952 82 Mill Hill Road Acton West Ward.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
The story goes that Adelaide was tipped off that Joseph was seeing Margaret by his Mother.She returned to Pelsall pregnant with their third child who never met his father.

Just a thought but if she was an overseas student would she be eligible to vote and if she wasn't, would she appear on the electoral rolls?

Not sure of voter qualification.

Am attaching updated J S-W profile page from my Ancestry Tree to show additions.Thanks for everyone's continuing help.Anyone see any possible Deaths/Burials passenger journeys post 1952 for a J and/or M Scott-Webb(e)?

Attachments

• Joseph Scott Webb profile page.jpg
    Joseph Scott Webb profile page.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 2
That's a bit of a convoluted relationship you have for him on his profile.
Ancestry's relationship software doesn't sound so good in plain English I would agree. My 2nd Cousin once removed in the link, by the way, is Robert Foden 1925, hence my interest in the Children of William Foden thread.

• Appreciate
Reactions: MWS
Just obtained a list of voters at 105, Canfield Gardens for 1953.6 residents remaining from 1952 and Joseph and Margaret absent.

Attachments

• 1953 105 Canfield Gardens Hampstead.jpg
    1953 105 Canfield Gardens Hampstead.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 1
Did we find the e roll for the other address in Mill Hill Road? That one wasn't on Ancestry.

Last edited:
Just made an interesting find on Findmypast.Please see attachments.

Attachments

• JSW enters Oz (i).jpg
    JSW enters Oz (i).jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 5
  • JSW enters Oz (ii).jpg
    JSW enters Oz (ii).jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 5
  • JSW enters Oz (iii).jpg
    JSW enters Oz (iii).jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 5
And an earlier Business trip

Attachments