• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Webb family in Oakhill Crescent

jmadone

master brummie
Sometime last year I discovered that my mom had a step sister and step brother all living together at No.17 Oakhill Crescent, Acocks Green.
The family name is Webb. 1939 register lists Thomas James Webb (1886 - 1949) my grandad, Louisa Webb (1884 - 1966) my grandma, Thomas James Webb Jnr. (1916-1943) , Edwin Upton (1919 - 1979), Edna Webb (1926 -1981) and there are two lines blanked out.
I know about Edwin Upton (My Uncle Ted and the son of Louisa from a previous marriage to Thomas Webb)
Edna is my mom.
The one person I don't know about is Thomas James Webb Jr. He was a son from grandad's marriage to a lady named Rose Hannah (or Rosanna, Roseannah?) Askey.

Now mom was always talking about her life in Oakhill Crescent and her family but the strange thing is she never mentioned her Webb step family. We had lot's of contact with my gran's children from her previous marriage (The Uptons) visiting loads of Uncles and Aunts all over Birmingham but again no mention was ever made about the Webbs.
The only one I ever knew was my Aunt Alice who lived with Gran and my cousin in a prefab in Yardley Wood. I always thought that she was a full sister to my mom but It's only recently that I've discovered that she too was a child of Thomas and Rose's marriage.
If there is anyone out there that knows about the families, either Webb or Askey, I would love to hear from you.

Last edited:
Thomas J Webb married Rosanna Askey in 1915 ,April May, June qtr
children
Rose H b Oct/Nov/Dec qtr 1915
Thomas J regisered Jan /feb/Mar qtr 1917
Alice M b 1919

Rosanna Askey died in 1921 age 34

Thomas J Webb snr married Louisa Upton in 1923
William H Webb mother mn,Cattell 1924
Edna Webb mother mn ,Cattell 1926

Louisa Cattell married Albert Upton in March qtr 1912
children
Thomas C 1912
Emily 1914
John H 1917
Edwin 1919

Albert Upton died in 1921 age 41.

Hope this is of interest.Alberta

Thomas J Webb married Rosanna Askey in 1915 ,April May, June qtr
children
Rose H b Oct/Nov/Dec qtr 1915
Thomas J regisered Jan /feb/Mar qtr 1917
Alice M b 1919

Rosanna Askey died in 1921 age 34

Thomas J Webb snr married Louisa Upton in 1923
William H Webb mother mn,Cattell 1924
Edna Webb mother mn ,Cattell 1926

Louisa Cattell married Albert Upton in March qtr 1912
children
Thomas C 1912
Emily 1914
John H 1917
Edwin 1919

Albert Upton died in 1921 age 41.

Hope this is of interest.Alberta
Alberta, Thank you for your diligent research, it is appreciated. However I do already have this information on my family tree. What I was after was perhaps there was anyone out there who may have known the family especially the Askey members. I know it's a slim chance however you never know.
Once again thank you.
Jim

Back