• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Weaver Family, Studley

Helen G

Almost a Brummie
When I was a teenager, attending Studley Youth Club, I was very close to Denise Weaver who lived with her family in The Grove, Studley. She had an older sister called Olwyn and several younger siblings including David and Susy (the latter whom I seem to remember was adopted).

I think Mr Weaver worked at the needle factory and I seem to remember a male lodger too.

Olwyn went of to train to be a nurse at Stratford-on-Avon or Warwick hospital. Denise trained as a Psychiatric Nurse I think at Chelmsley Wood and I did my General Nurse training in Northampton.

We kept in touch for a while, Denise wrote and told me she was marrying a soldier (1975) and later that she had separated from her husband. However, we lost touch after that.

This evening I was describing to my husband a weekend camping trip I made with Denise, Olwyn and their family to the Elan Valley in the early 1970's and it set me wondering what had happened to them all.

You lot have been very successful in helping me find long lost friends in the past so I was wondering if you would like to have another go?

Your mission, should you choose to accept it is to try and find...............

Denise J Weaver born 1955 Studley Warwickshire, very probably married to someone with the surname Martin in 1975

and/or

Olwyn M Weaver born 1954 also Studley Warwickshire

Good luck and this thread will self destruct in .............................

Thanks for reading this
Helen

the marriage you mentioned of denise j weaver was to ian g martin in oct-dec 1975 alcester 31 0011

Back