• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Weather

anniekei

master brummie
The snow is white and clean.
It makes a lovely scene.

It covers cars, and trees, and streets,
and makes the world go "hush".
It looks so very pretty -
until it turns to slush!:D

now otherhalf does that not start another thread, do you remember the tea back then no luxury teabags and if you did not have a tea strainer a mouth full of tea leaves, my mom used to buy brooke bond tea, how the memories flow

annie

Pete, There`s a LOT of heavy rain heading your way so get the sandbags ready, & if it`s as heavy as they say a snorkel might come in handy. Stay safe.

Tipping it down with rain here in Crete, it did all night, and it did for much of yesterday, and such a dark dreary looking day and you would never think it is almost midday. :( Am I depressed? No, but it has stopped my daily exercise walking up and down the garden. It's not quite the same trying to it with wellies, waterproofs and no windscreen wipers for your glasses! :)

Never mind, the days are getting longer, Spring is on its way and Pete fancies a bit of snorkelling! My main fears are for people living in areas susceptible to flooding and the awful muddy mess they have to clean up when it does subside. Try to stay cheerful and that's half the battle won.

Maurice :cool:

Back