• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

weather in north dakota usa

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
our weather could be worse...just look at it in north dakota where my daughter rachel lives...ive told her i dont know how she lives with it as it lasts for monthso_O she said after 11 years she is used to it..the dog is their dog flip who loves the snow..fancy having to shovel your way to your garage..however the usa is pretty well prepared at clearing the roads of snow

lyn

Attachments

• thumbnail (11).jpeg
    thumbnail (11).jpeg
    71.8 KB · Views: 11
  • thumbnail (10).jpeg
    thumbnail (10).jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 11
  • thumbnail (6).jpeg
    thumbnail (6).jpeg
    120.4 KB · Views: 11
  • thumbnail (5).jpeg
    thumbnail (5).jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 12
  • thumbnail (4).jpeg
    thumbnail (4).jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 12
  • thumbnail (3).jpeg
    thumbnail (3).jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 11
  • thumbnail (2).jpeg
    thumbnail (2).jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 10
  • thumbnail (15).jpeg
    thumbnail (15).jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 11
Brrr - rather them than me. Although if it is like the ski areas the snow stays firm and doesn't turn to wet slush. Very different from our wet stuff o_O

Great photos!
I wouldn't like living with that snow but, as you say, they are prepared for it, unlike most of us in the UK.

That is a lot of snow. in Virginia beach it snows as much as it does in England 2 or 3 times a year. Sometimes everything just shuts down for an inch of snow. Except for essential workers.
In Tennessee they even talk about snow and everything shuts down! We are used to it now, at first it was a little crazy.

Back