• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Waterson

A surprisingly uncommon name, only 74 listed in the West Midlands (county) on findmypast ERs 2002 onwards and that would include repeats (people who have moved).

I am really struggling to come across any decendants from this [paternal] branch of my tree. Even having done my DNA there seems to be a dearth of relations.
The family listed on the '81 census at 100 Dymoke Street are the parents of the male at 85 Leopold Street and the in-laws of the female at 145/6 Moseley Road

1851 census lists 5 sons and 3 daughters. Cornelius doesn't appear to have married, Frederick dies young but Henry and Alfred marry and have children. Not sure about John.

Here's one at least, who still appears to be alive...

Henry & Maria - John 1839, John William 1875, John Hayden L 1913, John M 1947.

And one for Alfred...

Henry & Maria - Alfred 1845, Alfred 1869, Alfred Jeffrys 1898, Bernard Roy 1929, Nicholas J 1962

Rebecca married a George Palser and seems to have had quite a few children, here's one descendant of hers...

Henry & Maria - Rebecca 1836, Frederick George Palser 1866, Frederick George 1886, Frederick George 1914, Christine M 1945, Laurence John McGeough

Louisa married a William Blockley and had a few children, here's one of her decendants...

Henry & Maria - Louisa 1837, Thomas Blockley 1872, Thomas Clifford 1902, Vera 1936, Gary Kirby 1970.

So it does look like that there's quite a few descendants out there. John, Rebecca and Louisa all died before 1881, which you may already know.

Last edited:
I assume you know about Henry and Ann Maria as you mention their addresses but I see Ann Maria married a James Palser, the brother of Rebecca's husband, George.

There were at least 11 Palser/Waterson children (Rebecca & Ann Maria), 6 Blockley/Waterson (Louisa), 3 Waterson/Filkin (John), 6 Waterson/Jefferies (Alfred) and 3 Waterson/Wright (Henry James).

Last edited:
Back