• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Was it you?

R

Robert Harrison

Was it you who painted the sunbeams sending shafts speckled bright,
Spotlighting fluted Daffodils, hung Bluebells with golden shining light.
Was it you who called the songbirds to sing in joyful lay,
With the bees to hum in harmony at the early start of day.
Was it you who drove the clouds to sail like galleons across a sea of blue,
As did ships of Tarshish which from Spain set their sail to countries new.
Was it you who tuned the babbling brook to please a little ear
Of a child with net and jar catching minnows swimming near.

It was you that I know, for if you can cause my heart to flair
Nothing is impossible to the one whose love I dearly share.

Robert, You surely have the touch of the old poets in you. When I decided to have a knock at poetry (up the that point I had never read any ) I spent a year writing in my spare time till I filled a book and then published it myself. then I started to read the "Greats" and found it very very hard to write again as I found I was subconsciously copying them or being influenced by them so I gave up on it all.
You write in a great style and I hope you are recording all you write for your kin as its a pleasure to do in Microsoft publisher or similar as every poem I wrote, I also illustrated their are 12 books of my poems floating about which I feel good about and I just hope you have done the same.

Thank you for your comments my friend, and yes I have kept a copy of all that I have writtem for my children.
What name do you write under, maybe I can obtain a copy of one of your books out here in Oz.

Robert

Robert all my books have gone to family and friends,I wish I had more printed

I shall have to be content with what you write here after.

Wrote a bit of controversial stuff in the past Robert which got debates going, but I wont be showing them on here, might upset folk, I will put what I think is OK

Intellegent discussion can be a good thing, this is how we learn that we are all different.
So long as we remain friends and respect others opinions. I am happy to discuss anything
so long as we go to another thread to do so and leave this thread to poetry only.

Robert Thats why I always create my own thread. On my topics.

Back