• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Warwickshire Cricket Club - Frank & Arthur Foster!

Frank Parker

https://frankparker.website
Can anyone please help me find any information on Frank Foster (1889-1958) who played County Cricket for Warwickshire (there is a possibility he may of played for England as well?!) Do you think the club would still have records of him playing for them and photo's?

Also it is understood that Arthur Foster played one match for WCC as well in 1914!

Last edited:
Around 68 years ago, after his demob, my father was an agent fund raising for Warwickshire County Cricket Club. This was in the form of
a sweepstake, and did indeed raise thousands of pounds for post war club benefits. There were either weekly or monthly cash prizes for all who entered this sweepstake. I do remember that they were very good cash prizes.

My question is: Does it still exist? Perhaps someone out there would have some answers, and I would love to know. Eddie

Back