• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Warstone Lane

Well it is the Birmingham History Forum - and Brummies are the Best - as we all know!
many thanks to all who post on the threads - they all help to make it so fascinating!

Warstone Lane..jpg
Can anyone add anything to this because all I have is Warstone Lane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stitcher
The building on the right used to be Warston lane post office, and if the camera had been pointing slightly more to the right you would see Vittoria St going off

Thanks Mike, I could not place it at all because I never went anywhere near that area until I was in my late teens, and then I only went past without taking a great deal of notice.

I'm looking for the grave details of Eliza Mary Lambourne, who was buried in Warstone Lane on 24th Nov 1883 (register no 32855 ) This is her memorial card:
Eliza_mary_lambourne.jpg
I wonder if Brian or Wendy can help? It would be nice to know where she was buried; she probably won't have a stone as she was only 4 months old when she died. She is remembered on the family memorial in St Peter's churchyard (Harborne)

LAMBOURNE
Eliza Mary 1883 I 5 (Catacomb) 32855

Top layer of catacombs - Doors are numbered, but none have Inscriptions

Sorry Les

Brian

Thanks Brian. Makes clearing all that ivy worthwhile! Can't believe that I hadn't spotted she was there!

Didn't expect there to be an inscription as she (and Eleanor Annie, who is in K/H) appears on this memorial in St Peter's Harborne.

grave_stpeters_harborne_a_small.jpg

What a great memorial Les. I was facinated on my visit to St Peters so many memorials. I am so pleased yo could link yours up to Warstone Lane and Key Hill.

I'm so glad you are finding memorials Les, most of mine seem to be in unmarked Public graves!!
rosie.

Back